My grandma used to make these all the time and I love how simple they are to make & they look gorgeous!
Ingredients (makes 10 sponge kisses)
- 2 Eggs
- 3oz Caster sugar
- 3oz SR flour
- Vanilla extract
- Whipped cream (to serve)
- Strawberries (to serve)
- Icing sugar (to serve)
- Beat eggs until creamy, add sugar and beat until stiff
- Sift in the flour and fold in gently
- Drop a tsp of mixture into the trays (well spaced) , and bake at 200 degrees for 6-8 minutes or until golden
- Beat cream with some vanilla extract and icing sugar (to taste) until thick, and slice strawberries
- When sponge has cooled completely, spread some cream onto half of them and top with strawberries, and then place another sponge on top. Dust with icing sugar & serve!