- Makes 20
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Stores for several days in an airtight container
Ingredients (makes 20 biscuits)
- 125 grams Butter
- 3/4 Cup Castor Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Golden Syrup
- 1 1/2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1 teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 3 Cups Cornflakes
- 1 Egg lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 160c and grease 2 baking trays. Melt butter and golden syrup over low heat, then set aside to cool
- Sift flour, salt bicarb and ginger into a bowl. Stir in the sugar and cornflakes.
- Add the egg to the cooled butter mixture, then blend into the dry ingredients.
- Place the mixtures onto the trays in teaspoonfuls, bake for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
In the 1980's Kellogs released a number of Star Wars related recipes, which I have recently rediscovered in the family cookbook.