This Sticky Popcorn Surprise is a fun sweet treat that even the kids can make! For younger children, adults should heat the marshmallow and supervise until the mixture is cool enough to touch. After that, let the kids go for it with whatever they add. ENJOY! (and remember a recipe as sweet as this is definitely just a sometimes food)!
Watch the MoMCook Club LIVE below:
Ingredients (makes 18 )
- 300g Marshmallows
- 3 cups Popcorn (plain, salted or salted caramel)
- 1 cup M&Ms, Smarties or other chocolate treats
- 1/2 cup Slivered Almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup Dessicated or Shredded Coconut
- Melt the marshmallows in either a frypan (on low heat), a heatproof bowl in the microwave or a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Once the marshmallows are melted, add the popcorn and combine well.
- Divide the mixture in half and add the M&Ms to one half of the mixture and the almonds and coconut to the other half.
- Dip your fingers into either a little water or a little butter and form into balls a little larger than a golf ball or place little heaps of the mixture into cupcake papers.
- If you'd like them to stay a little soft and pliable leave at room temperature. If you'd like them to go quite hard, pop them in the fridge for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Serve the same day or store for a few days in an airtight container. The only thing that may happen over a few days is that popcorn may lose its crunch (but they will still be tasty).