- Makes 18
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
Lovely little strawberries and cream cupcakes.
Ingredients (makes 18 cupcakes)
- 125 grams butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup cream (not thickened preferably)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees and prepare cupcake pans
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (usually takes 2-3 minutes with the electric mixer). Add the vanilla.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat in the jam.
- Add 1/3 of the flour and salt and pepper (just a pinch of each). Mix on low until combined.
- Add 1/2 of the cream and then mix on low until combined.
- Add another 1/3 of the flour along with the baking powder - mix until combined. Add the rest of the cream, mix and then add the last of the flour.
- Bake for around 20 minutes. Let cool completely as the jam can remain hot for a long time. Serve with whipped cream or ice as desired.
You could use other jam if you wanted but these are so delicious as strawberries and cream.