- Serves 1
- Makes 1
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
Fresh unorthodox arugula & strawberry salad. The secret to this divine, healthy salad lies in the dressing and the interesting mix of sweet and sour.
Ingredients (serves 1 | makes 1 plate)
- 2 handfuls Arugula (Rocket)
- 4-5 Strawberries
- 1 tbsp Chopped Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Chopped Almonds
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup (For the Dressing)
- 1 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Arrange the 2 handfuls of arugula on a plate. Chop the walnuts, almonds and strawberries and spread them on the arugula.
- Mix the dressing. Add the maple syrup and vinegar first. With a fork stir until they mix well. Add the olive oil.
- Spread the dressing all over the salad.
The first time I experimented with this recipe I was home alone and decided to give it a try. Because the ingredients formed an unusual combination I decided to try it first before I served it to anyone. Turned out I wanted to make it for everyone for weeks after that. I felt like everyone should get a taste of this divine salad! What is best about it is that it is healthy and vegan-friendly. In addition, the peppery green is full of Vitamins C, K, A, Iron, and Calcium, and harmonises perfectly with sweet berries and crunchy nuts.