- Makes 16
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Mix a pancake, stir a pancake, pop it in the pan, fry the pancake, toss the pancake, catch it if you can!
Ingredients (makes 16 )
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 2 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 punnets strawberries, washed and hulled
- icing sugar and ice-cream, to serve
- In a large bowl combine flour and sugar. In a large jug whisk together buttermilk, eggs, butter and vanilla. Gradually whisk egg mixture into flour mixture until batter is smooth. Stand for 30 minutes. Reserve 6 strawberries for later. Cut remaining strawberries into thin slices.
- Preheat a frying pan on medium. Spray with oil. Pour 1/4 cup batter into pan. Arrange about 3 strawberry slices on top. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until bubbles form on the surface. Turn and cook for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining batter and strawberries.
- Serve in stacks of 3 pancakes. Top with reserved strawberries. Dust with icing sugar and serve with ice-cream.
Tips - Other berries of choice may be used. Prepare batter in a blender or with a hand blender if preferred. These pancakes freeze well.