Yummy with a cup of coffee in the afternoon
Ingredients (makes 12 squares)
- 1 pkt Sweet plain biscuits
- 175g Unsalted Butter
- 400g Tin of sweet condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon gelatine
- 1 pkt Strawberry Jelly
- Butter a slice tray (16cm x 26cm x 3cm). Dissolve jelly in 1 and 1/2 cups boiling water, place in fridge for about 45 minutes until cool.
- Crush biscuits in a food processor (or in a plastic bag with a rolling pin), transfer to a bowl and mix in melted butter. Place mixture in prepared tray and press down firmly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Dissolve gelatine in 1/2 cup hot water. Combine gelatine mixture with condensed milk in a bowl, pour over biscuit base and place back in fridge for 30 minutes until cool and nearly set
- Pour cold jelly on top of slice and return to fridge to set.
- Slice into squares using a butter knife. I wiped the knife occasionally so that the white filling didn't ruin the look of the jelly