- Serves 4
- 70 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
A quick Mousse dessert
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250 gms Strawberries,cleaned and hulled
- 25-50 gms Castor Sugar
- 200 ml Cream
- 140 gm Marshmallows
- 100 ml Water
- Take strawberries, sugar and water in a saucepan and cook over medium flame for 4-5 minutes, until your strawberries are cooked.
- Take off heat and mash the berries. You can use a potato masher or mash with the back of a big spoon. You don't have to make it a smooth puree, and can leave a few chunky strawberry pieces in between. You'll find it quite refreshing to bite into the fruit pieces along with the creamy mousse.
- Add marshmallows and stir till the marshmallows melt and dissolve. If it takes too long, you can put it back on the stove and keep stirring till it dissolves and forms a uniform mixture
- Whip cream to form stiff peaks. Fold the whipped cream gently into the strawberry mixture.
- Pour into small individual bowls or into one large bowl and place in the fridge for atleast an hour.