- Makes 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A side dish I like to serve at BBQs.
Ingredients (makes 4 )
- 4 Large flat mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Rashers bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup Fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 tbsp Parsley
- 1/3 cup Grated cheese (I like to use Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Brush a tray with melted butter or oil.
- Remove the mushroom stems and finely chop.
- Heat oil in a pan. Cook onion and bacon until bacon is lightly brown. Add mushroom stems and cook for a minute.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add the breadcrumbs, parsley and cheese. Stir until combined.
- Place mushroom caps on tray, spoon in filling. Bake for 20 minutes or until tender. Serve immediately.
I only had button mushrooms on hand when I made these. Not as big but, still tasty.