- Serves 4
- Makes 12 stuffed potato skins
- 80 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 9 Ingredients
These potato skins are yummy for all ages and any time of the day. Can also be eaten cold, so great for school lunches too.
Ingredients (serves 4 | makes 12 stuffed potato skins )
- 6 Large Washed Potatoes - halved length ways
- 100gm Diced Ham
- 150gm Grated Cheese (tasty or colby)
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Herbs
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise or Potato Salad Dressing
- 1 teaspoon Keens Mustard Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fried Garlic (the dried variety in a jar)
- 1 small shake Herb & Garlic Salt
- 1 small shake Onion Powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees c. Boil potatoes until soft and allow to cool. Scoop out the flesh into a large mixing bowl (discard approx 1/5 or the spuds will overflow....save for another recipe eg. tuna patties, if you like).
- Mix in all remaining ingredients, leaving around 50gm grated cheese to top.
- Evenly distribute the mixture into the potato skins and press down firmly with a spoon (or clean fingers). Place the filled skins on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Top with remaining grated cheese and pop into the oven for around 20 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy!
I've used fried bacon and onion instead of ham, you can add whatever ingredients you like. Omit the ham for vegie lovers. My kids are always asking for these and they are great finger food for toddlers too.