- Makes 12
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 12 Ingredients
You can use sugar stars, flowers, hearts or what ever you want to for the decoration or just have it plain.
15 minutes preparation, 25 minutes cooking
Ingredients (makes 12 )
- 125g butter, chopped at room temperature
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sultanas or mixed fruit
- sugar flowers, hearts or stars to decorate
- LEMON GLACE ICING
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 15g softened butter
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper patty cases. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in flour alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour. Fold in sultanas. Spoon mixture into paper cases until two-thirds full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- LEMON GLACE ICING. Sift icing sugar into a bowl. Beat in butter and enough lemon juice to make icing a smooth, spreadable consistency. Spread evenly over cakes. Top with sugar flowers to serve.
Great cupcakes to have for morning or afternoon tea with a cuppa and friends.