- Makes 20
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
This slice is quick and easy. A sweet treat my kids love to make (and eat!)
Yes, it’s very sweet, so if you don’t like sugar, avert your eyes
Ingredients (makes 20 slices)
- 125g butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarb soda
- 3/4 cup milk choc baking chips
- Preheat oven to 180.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla in a medium sized mixing bowl and mix well to form a smooth batter (can easily be done by hand).
- Add the flour, baking powder and bicarb soda and mix until well combined.
- Line a square baking tin with baking paper (aprox 20x20cm).
- Pour mixture into lined tin and sprinkle with the choc chips (or whatever topping you choose).
- Cook for 15-20 mins until golden brown and springs back when touched.