A yummy gluten, dairy and added sugar free banana bread packed with super foods.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 3 Over ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Line a loaf tin and preheat oven to 160 degrees C.
- Place dates in a small bowl. Mix boiling water and baking soda, pour over dates and set aside for 10 minutes. Once they are soft puree them in a small blender (optional).
- In a medium bowl combine mashed bananas, beaten eggs, vanilla and coconut oil. Stir in dates.
- In a separate bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour and and baking powder, ensuring there are no lumps. Stir in chia seeds.
- Slowly fold dry ingredients into the banana and date mixture until just combined. Do not over stir or it can go tough. Pour into prepared loaf tin and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Allow to cool for 30 minutes before removing from the tin.