- Difficulty Easy
Struggling to get green veggies into your family’s diet?
This delicious winter warming soup is a quick, easy, healthy (and sneaky!) way of getting in a whole feast of super greens and they’ll love it! I often throw a bit of shaved parmasen over the top for an extra tasty treat.
It’s also packed with folate and essential nutrients for all those Mum’s to be.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, diced into 1cm cubes
- 1 small bunch green asparagus, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 2 bok choy, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or grated
- 2cm piece ginger, grated
- 4 shallots, coarsely diced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 3 bay leaves
- tbsp parsley
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil and chopped sweet basil to serve
1. Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add garlic, shallots, leek and celery and sauté for about 1 minute.
3. Add remaining vegetables and herbs and sauté for about a minute then add vegetable stock. Bring to the boil then simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
4. Season with salt and pepper and remove bay leaves
5. Set aside to cool then place soup in the blender and puree until smooth.
6. Serve with a sprinkle of extra virgin olive oil topped with pinch of chopped sweet basil.