- Makes 20
- 25 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
This is my ultimate favourite thing to bake if I have limited time and when I’m looking to bake something with basic ingredients that are always in my fridge and pantry . This chocolate Weet Bix slice disappeared in an instant at playgroup and my husband, a man without much of a sweet tooth, loves it too.
Ingredients (makes 20 pieces)
- 1 Cup Wholemeal Self Raising Flour
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa
- 125 Grams Butter, melted
- 1 Cup Crushed Weetbix
- Icing Recipe Below.
Notes... This slice can be put in the freezer. You can also substitute the Weet Bix for Rice Bubbles.
- Preheat moderate oven. Grease and line a slice tin with baking paper.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a bowl. Add the melted butter and mix well.
- Press the mixture into a slice tin, bake for 15 minutes in a moderate oven (all ovens vary, you may require a few minutes longer)
- ......Let the slice cool and ice with chocolate icing (see recipe below).
- For the Chocolate Icing you will need - Ingredients: 1 x cup icing sugar 2 x tablespoons cocoa 2 x tablespoons soft butter 1 x tablespoon milk.
- To make the Chocolate icing - Method: 1.Sift icing sugar and cocoa into a bowl. Add soft butter and milk. 2.Mix on low speed with an electric mixer until the ingredients are combined and then medium speed for a further minute. 3.Ice the chocolate slice and enjoy!
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.