- Serves 4
- 3 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 13 Ingredients
Use little or as much as you want to make a small or large batch of sauce and use more potato if needed. Make sure once you peel potato you add it to sauce as it may brown. Use homemade tomato passata or shop brought.
If opting for sugar free ingredients, try to buy no sugar paste and passata. Also depending on the sauce store brought sauce will cook in less time.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tbsp Oil
- 1 clove Garlic crushed
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2 Carrot chopped
- 2 stalks Celery
- 750 mls Tomato passata
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 500 grams Beef mince
- 3 Large sweet potato (skin peeled off)
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch dried italian herbs
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
Notes... Check out more yummy recipes on my blog www.gustopaleo.com
- Heat oil in a pot add garlic and onion and cook on medium low heat until onion is soft
- Add chopped carrot, celery and cook until veggies are soft.
- Break apart beef mince into pan and sprinkle salt on the beef, break up lumps of mince with a wooden spoon until all lumps are gone and beef is browned with no red left.
- Add herbs and pepper to beef and tomato paste. Stir. Add Tomato passata and bring to a boil. Once sauce is boiling fill half of tomato bottle with water and add a 1/4 of that water into pan and cover pot.
- Cook for 1-2 hours on medium low let the pan simmer with lid on until sauce thickens.
- With one hour left of the sauce to cook, use a carrot peeler on the sweet potato so you can get strips of sweet potato like fettuccine slices, keep turning the potato around to get a thin slice every time. When sauce is ready add the sweet potato to the pot and cook until potato is tender but not over cooked.
- Serve sweet potato and sauce on plates and sprinkle Parmesan cheese.
Recipe Sweet Potato Bolognese
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.