- Serves 4
- 10 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 9 Ingredients
This bruschetta is simple but makes a VERY tasty finger food and you can use any surplus ingredients that you have around.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6-8 slices of day old ciabatta bread
- 1 punnet of yellow cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 ripe avocado cut in small cubes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- A handful of basil roughly torn by hand
- Extra extra virgin olive oil
- 250gm Brie cheese cut in thin slices
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- Place cut cherry tomatoes in a small bowl, mix with oil, vinegar, basil and seasoning. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Prepare avocado and cheese and put them on a separate plate.
- Brush bread slices with oil and brown them on a panini machine or a sandwich press.
- Arrange toasted bread slices - layer with cheese, then cherry tomatoes alternate with avocado, drizzle with dressing from the tomato and serve immediately.
Inspired by the traditional Italian bruschetta, the combination of tomato, avocado and brie is worth the try. You could use sourdough bread for a stronger flavour.