This bruschetta is simple but makes a VERY tasty finger food and you can use any surplus ingredients that you have around.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 6-8 slices of day old ciabatta bread
- 1 punnet of yellow cherry tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 ripe avocado cut in small cubes
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- A handful of basil roughly torn by hand
- Extra extra virgin olive oil
- 250gm Brie cheese cut in thin slices
- A pinch of salt & pepper
- Place cut cherry tomatoes in a small bowl, mix with oil, vinegar, basil and seasoning. Cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Prepare avocado and cheese and put them on a separate plate.
- Brush bread slices with oil and brown them on a panini machine or a sandwich press.
- Arrange toasted bread slices - layer with cheese, then cherry tomatoes alternate with avocado, drizzle with dressing from the tomato and serve immediately.