- Serves 4
- 6 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This is a quick and easy slow cooker version of teriyaki chicken, a Japanese favourite. It’s full of flavour!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Brown onion (finely chopped)
- 3 Garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1/2 Cup Soy sauce (or Tamari for a low salt alternative)
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Tbsp Grated ginger
- Pinch Black pepper
- 4 Chicken breasts
- Place onion, garlic, soy sauce, honey, ginger and pepper in the crock pot of a slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
- Add chicken breasts and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours. After the cooking time, shred the chicken breasts using two forks. If the sauce is a bit runny you can add some cornflour (mixed with water) and cook for a further 10 minutes on high.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds and chopped spring onion.
This is a family favourite. I love that it is a genuine one pot recipe which means minimal clean up and it is so quick and easy to prepare! I also serve it with some greens like beans or broccoli.