- Makes 8
- 35 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
A pie full of classic tex-mex flavours that is easy to make and the whole family will enjoy.
Ingredients (makes 8 pies)
- 500 grams Sausage mince
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 jar Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Shredded cheese
- 4 sheets puff pastry, defrosted
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 220c (Fan forced: 200) Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add mince and cook through, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add the jar of salsa, stir to combine and cook for a further 5 minutes. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut puff pastry to fit your individual pie dish, the bottom and top pastry should overhang by 1cm so that they can be rolled together and sealed.
- Line each pie dish with the bottom pastry, fill with 1/3 cup of meat filling and top with about 1 Tbsp of cheese. Top with remaining pastry and roll overhanging pieces together to seal.
- Bake pies for 10-12 minutes until tops are golden brown. Serve with sour cream and guacamole as desired.
This is one of my favourite recipes to make because it's quick and cheap but tastes so good, plus pies are easy to freeze so you can save them for later.