- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 16 Ingredients
Looking for a super tasty Thai Fish Curry?
Thai is always a winner in our house; somehow even when it’s spicy, the whole family loves a Thai Dinner. We love this Thai Fish Curry Recipe. It’s packed with protein, veges and so much taste!
It’s really up to you what fish you use in this recipe. We like a really firm, white fish that hasn’t been frozen but if frozen is all you have, go for it! Either way the delicious sauce soaks in and adds a load of flavour.
You can of course make your own Red Curry Paste, but if you’re short on time (like we always are), we’d suggest using a store bought paste. Our favourite for this recipe is AYAM Red Curry Paste.
What’s your favourite fish for Thai Fish Curry? We’d love you to post a comment below … or give us your opinion of this recipe after you’ve tried it.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 eggs
- 60ml (1/4 cup) vegetable oil
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 75g (1/4 cup) Thai red curry paste (see note)
- 2 tbs brown sugar
- 2x 400ml cans coconut cream
- 1 cup snow peas and fresh shelled peas
- 800g barramundi fillet, skinned, pin-boned, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tbs chopped coriander
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely sliced
- 12 shelled green prawns, tails still attached
- Steamed white rice (optional), to serve
- 4 Crisp fried wonton wrappers or papadums (optional), to serve
- Cook eggs in a saucepan of boiling salted water for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water until cool enough to handle, then peel and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat vegetable oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium–high heat. Add onions, garlic, lemongrass and curry paste, then cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until onion and lemongrass are soft.
- Stir in brown sugar, coconut cream and 160ml (2/3 cup) water. Bring to a simmer, then add broccolini and barramundi, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 6 minutes or until barramundi is just cooked. Add green prawns at this stage and they will cook through at the same time as the fish. Stir in lime juice and coriander, then season with salt and pepper.
- Halve boiled eggs and place on curry. Serve with steamed white rice, if using.
There are so many great curry pastes available and I can never quite get the same effect making from scratch. So I go for a store bought curry paste for this recipe! This recipe also works really well as a vegetarian dish - just remove the fish and prawns and add mushrooms and bean shoots.If you're after a few more Thai Dinner Ideas, check out some of these recipes below: