- Serves 6
- 20 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
Try these delicious Thai oysters the next time you have a dinner party!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh lemongrass
- 1 fresh red birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) lime juice
- 2½ Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 fresh kaffir lime leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 24 Sydney rock oysters
- Lime wedges
- Combine lemongrass, chili, 2 tablespoon juice, 1 ½ tablespoons fish sauce and 2 teaspoons brown sugar in small bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Combine soy sauce, lime leaf, coriander and remaining juice, fish sauce and brown sugar in a small bowl. Stir until sugar has dissolved.
- Arrange oysters on a serving platter. Top half with lemon grass mixture and the remaining oysters with coriander mixture. Serve with lime wedges.
To prepare lemongrass, remove the tough outer layers and only chop the pale lower section. Spread rock salt over the serving platter to stop the oysters from tipping and moving around. This delicious recipe is only 1 SmartPoints value per serve.