This delicious thick pumpkin soup is easy to make and the kids will love it.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1/4 pumpkin
- 1 Packet chicken noodle soup mix
- 1 onion
- 600ml thickened cream
- Peel and cut pumpkin into small chunks and boil until cooked, then drain off 80% of water remaining.
- While the pumpkin is boiling. Dice onion, brown with butter until soft, place on paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Add soup mix and onion to pumpkin and mash it up, add 1/2 of thickened cream and cook on medium to high heat until noodles are soft.
- Serve with a dollop of cream in each bowl.