- Serves 20
- Makes 20
- 4 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 25 Ingredients
This delicious recipe featuring a three bird roast and triple smoked leg of ham will feed your whole family on Christmas day!
Looking for ways to keep your little one entertained? See what mums are saying about Playskool Play, Stow and Go Toys.
Ingredients (serves 20 | makes 20 servings)
- 1 ALDI Specially Selected Premium Half Leg Ham Triple Smoked
- 25 cloves of garlic
- 250g ALDI Colway Dijon Mustard
- 2 good pinches of Stonemill Nutmeg
- 400g ALDI Merryfield Brown Sugar
- 500ml red wine, e.g. ALDI Precious Earth Shiraz Merlot
- 400g parsnips
- 400g carrot
- 400g Spanish onion
- 400g kale
- 1/4 bunch dry thyme
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley
- ALDI The Olive Tree Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Specially Selected Fresh Three Bird Roast
- 1 carrot (dice into rough 1cm pieces)
- 1 onion (dice into rough 1cm pieces)
- 1/4 celery stick (dice into rough 1cm pieces)
- 1/4 head garlic crushed
- 2 dry bay leaves
- Fresh parsley
- Dry thyme
- 1/2 litre ALDI Chef’s Cupboard Beef Stock
- 1/2 litre ALDI Chef’s Cupboard Chicken Stock
- 1/2 litre white wine, e.g. ALDI Precious Earth Semillon Sauvignon Blanc
- Specially Selected Cranberry Sauce (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Triple Smoked Ham: Remove the skin from the ham leaving only the fat that covers the meat. Cut the skin around the knuckle in a zig zag pattern. Score the fat into 1 inch squares and press a single clove into the centre of each square. Spread Dijon mustard evenly over all of the fat. Sprinkle the surface with nutmeg and pack an even 5mm thick layer of soft brown sugar over the nutmeg. Place the ham in a dish with the red wine in the bottom. Bake at 180°C for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the sugar is melted and evenly glazed - golden. Allow to cool for a few hours before slicing.
- Roast winter root vegetables: Peel all root vegetables and cut into batons or wedges. Place in a bowl, toss with olive oil, salt, pepper and a little sugar. Blanch kale when required and keep warm. Place root vegetables on a tray with baking paper and roast in oven at 180°C for 15 to 20 minutes until golden and soft. Toss the fresh herbs and kale at the last minute.
- Three bird roast with pan juice: Seal the roast all over in a pan. Place all the cut up vegetables and herbs in a roasting tray. Place the tray in the oven at 160°c for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, add the white wine, chicken stock and the beef stock. Drop the temperature down to 150°c and cook for another 30 minutes, or until it reaches 55 degrees in the middle (measure using a temperature probe). Remove the roast from oven and let it rest for 15 minutes. Strain the jus and check the taste. Simmer and reduce by ¼. Add seasoning to taste.
- Serving suggestion: Slice the roast to approximately 2cm thick. Slice ham. Place one slice of roast, one slice of triple smoked ham on a plate. Moderately pour pan juice over the roast. Serve with cranberry sauce and roasted root vegetables.
Recipe Three bird roast and triple smoked leg of ham
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.