- Makes 1
- 1 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
Taught to me by an old Italian friend. She used to make the cakes from scratch, but decided packet mixes were far easier!
Ingredients (makes 1 Cake)
- 2 X 470gr Buttercake Mixes
- 1 1/3 Cups Strong black Coffee
- 500 gr Marscapone Cheese
- 1/4 cup Icing Sugar (or use icing mix from cake packet)
- 1/2 Cup Marsala
- 1 1/2 cups Thickened Cream
- Cocoa to decorate
- Prepare and cook cake mixes as directed. substituting coffee for the milk or water.
- While cake cools, combine cheese, half the marsala and icing sugar in a bowl. Add cream, and beat until thick.
- Cut the cake into 3 layers, brushing each layer with the remaining marsala.
- Assemble the layers on a platter, using 2 thirds of the cream mix. Spread the remaining cream mix on the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and cocoa to decorate. You can also add chocolate curls on top.
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.