Not overly healthy, but delicious
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 500 grams Thick Beef or Pork Sausages
- 3/4 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Pour oil into a deep roasting pan. Place into oven for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Add sausages to hot oil. Bake for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk eggs, milk and rosemary together in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Carefully pour batter over sausages. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed up and golden. Serve.
Dad used to make this for us when Mum was on a late shift!