Not overly healthy, but delicious
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 500 grams Thick Beef or Pork Sausages
- 3/4 Cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/4 Cups Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Chopped Rosemary
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Pour oil into a deep roasting pan. Place into oven for 5 minutes or until hot.
- Add sausages to hot oil. Bake for 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Sift flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk eggs, milk and rosemary together in a jug. Add to flour mixture. Mix until batter is smooth.
- Remove roasting pan from oven. Carefully pour batter over sausages. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until puffed up and golden. Serve.