- Serves 2
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 12 Ingredients
Great Thai Baked Fish -Something Different
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 Stalks lemongrass (peeled and chopped, or lemon zest or myrtle leaves)
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 tspn galangal (or ginger, peeled and chopped)
- 1 birds eye chili (or other hot chili or 1 teaspoon chili sauce, etc.)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (juice and zest)
- 2 green onions (sliced)
- 1/2 tspn shrimp paste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tblsp palm sugar (grated or sugar)
- 2 white fish fillets
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Place the lemon grass, garlic, galangal, chili, cilantro, lime juice and zest, green onions, shrimp paste, fish sauce, oil and palm sugar in a foor processor and process.
- Marinate the fish in 3/4 of the paste for at least 10 minutes.
- Place the fish into a covered baking dish and bake in a preheated 350F oven until cooked, about 10-12 minutes.
- Heat the coconut milk and the remaining paste in a small sauce pan and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve the fish with the sauce on the side along with some rice.