- Makes 20
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
These Tomato and Pesto Pastry Rounds are such a simple recipe! A really quick, really impressive snack, starter or side dish to whip up anytime.
You can have as much fun as you like with the toppings – just remember to keep the toppings light and not too moist otherwise your pastry will not PUFF!
Ingredients (makes 20 Rounds (approx))
- 4 sheets Puff Pastry (ready rolled)
- 2 - 3 Tomatoes
- 2 tbsps Pesto (store bought or homemade)
- 2 tbsps Goats Cheese or Fetta Cheese
- 3 - 4 sprigs Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 - 2 tsps Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Robusto Bold Taste
- Using a pie or cookie cutter (or an egg ring) cut out as many rounds as possible from the pastry sheets.
- Place each round onto a baking tray lined with baking paper (leave 2 - 3cm between each round).
- Spread 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of pesto onto each round.
- Finely slice the tomatoes and place onto a sheet of paper towel to remove excess moisture (to keep the pastry dry).
- Add the tomato on top of the pesto and then sprinkle with a few small pieces of the Goats Cheese or Fetta Cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper then cook in a hot (180 degrees celcius) oven until beautifully brown. You may need to rotate halfway through cooking to ensure even browning.
- Serve immediately with an extra drizzle of olive oil. These little pastry rounds are also perfect in lunchboxes.
We used Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Robusto Bold Taste in this recipe and couldn't be more excited about the flavour this oil brings to the recipe. Bertolli is the world’s no. 1 olive oil brand. Bertolli Organic is a range of extra virgin olive oils from organically grown olives. There are three flavour intensities so you can enjoy extra virgin with any dish; Gentile with a mellow, rounded flavour that goes well with white fish and other light flavours, Fruity with a fruity note that works well in dressings, marinades or for bread dipping and Robusto which pairs well with red meat or when roasting or BBQing. Bertolli Organic extra virgin olive oil contains just crushed olives, nothing else. Extra virgin olive oil is rich in antioxidants. The Bertolli Organic range carry the Australian Certified Organic logo. Bertolli Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Robusto Bold Taste is available at Woolworths and selected IGA stores nationally.