I now experiment using yoghurt in recipes and came up with this loaf. Its perfect to enjoy with a salad for lunch and keeps well in the fridge to enjoy for work lunches.
Ingredients (makes 8 slices)
- 200g punnet cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- ½ cup kalamatta olives, thinly sliced
- 60g chives, thinly sliced
- 60g baby spinach leaves, finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Greek yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, grated
- ½ cup full cream milk
- to taste Salt
- to taste pepper
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- Using a large bowl, add in the tomatoes, olives, chives, spinach, eggs, yoghurt, olive oil, cheese, milk and season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Sift in the flour and then gently stir through until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and then bake for 30 minutes or until risen and golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Once baked, slice and enjoy. This loaf can also be served cold with a salad.