The challenge of creating an appetising, yet healthy lunch box is an ongoing one. This tomato, cucumber and pomegranate salad ticks the box; and only takes 10 minutes preparation and 5 minutes cooking time!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- ¼ cup Pepita Seeds
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 2 x 400g Medley Tomatoes, halved if large
- 250g Qukes (baby cucumbers), thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 Pomegranate, halved & seeds removed
- 1 cup Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves
- 150g Labne, drained
- 3 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbs Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Caster Sugar
- Put the pepita and oil into a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook, shaking pan for 3-5 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from the heat, add the chilli flakes to the warm pan, toss to coat. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the tomatoes, baby cucumbers, pomegranate seeds, parsley and pepita mixture onto a large platter, and toss gently. Drop spoonfuls of labne evenly over the salad.
- For the dressing; whisk the ingredients together until well combined. Season then spoon over the salad. Serve.
- Cooking Tip: Labne is a soft yoghurt cheese available in tubs in the specialty cheese section of larger supermarkets. To make your own, spoon 1 cup greek yoghurt into a sieve lined with muslin. Place over a bowl, cover and refrigerate 24 hours. Discard the liquid in the bowl.