- Makes 5
- 4 hours
- Difficulty Medium
- 3 Ingredients
The jam is made with tomatoes but when cooked taste like strawberries.
Ingredients (makes 5 Jars of jam)
- 2kg tomatoes
- 1 1/2kg sugar
- 500g Jam Setter
Notes... A favourite of mine when I was growing up. My kids did not believe that you could make strawberry jam with tomatoes. Enjoy everyone.
- Wash tomatoes thoroughly.
- Slice off the end of each tomato and then cut into small pieces.
- Place in saucepan and simmer slowly until tomatoes looked cooked approximately 2 hours.
- Take off the stove and stir in the sugar until it's dissolved.
- Place back on stove for another 1 hr until thickened.
- Take off stove and stir in jam setter and place back onto stove.
- Once thickened. Place a teaspoon full of jam onto a plate. If the jam gels then it's done.
- Wash and sterilise jars. Scoop jam into jars, label and seal.
Recipe Tomato strawberry jam
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.