The jam is made with tomatoes but when cooked taste like strawberries.
Ingredients (makes 5 Jars of jam)
- 2kg tomatoes
- 1 1/2kg sugar
- 500g Jam Setter
- Wash tomatoes thoroughly.
- Slice off the end of each tomato and then cut into small pieces.
- Place in saucepan and simmer slowly until tomatoes looked cooked approximately 2 hours.
- Take off the stove and stir in the sugar until it's dissolved.
- Place back on stove for another 1 hr until thickened.
- Take off stove and stir in jam setter and place back onto stove.
- Once thickened. Place a teaspoon full of jam onto a plate. If the jam gels then it's done.
- Wash and sterilise jars. Scoop jam into jars, label and seal.