- Serves 6
- 45 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 7 Ingredients
This is really nice with goats cheese on top as well.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 4 very ripe tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 frozen savoury pastry case (from freezer at Coles)
- 3 teaspoons thyme leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- amount sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 400. Slice the tomatoes and salt heavily. This is so that excess water comes out of the tomatoes and keeps the tart from getting soggy. Leave the salted tomatoes aside for ten minutes.
- After ten minutes use a paper towel to wipe off extra salt and moisture from the tomatoes.
- Spread the Dijon evenly over the pastry. Add 1 teaspoon of thyme then arrange the tomatoes on top of the Dijon and thyme. Add the other teaspoon of thyme over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the balsamic vinegar on top. Garnish wish a few sprigs of thyme.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the pastry and tomatos are cooked.