- Serves 4
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 7 Ingredients
A recipe from my childhood. I serve with streamed rice however pasta could be used too.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Large tin tuna in brine or spring water,, drained
- 1 400gram tin pineapple pieces, drained
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 3/4 cup Plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 1/2 cups Grated cheese
- 1/4 cup Breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Add drained tuna & drained pineapple to casserole dish, gently combine.
- Melt butter in saucepan then take off heat & add flour, mix well until a roux. Put back on low heat & gradually add milk continuously stirring until smooth. Add 1 cup of the grated cheese & combine. Add salt & pepper for seasoning if desired.
- Pour cheese sauce over tuna & gently fold. Top with remaining cheese & breadcrumbs.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
Tinned salmon could be replaced for tuna & peas & corn could be replaced with the pineapple if desired. My children loved this. I have never liked fruit in a main meal before except for this.