- Serves 1
- 5 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Quick and easy tuna salad, great for a snack, lunch or a light dinner. With or without the tuna it is still a filling meal. Can be served without the cheese for a dairy free alternative, it can also be served with tuna in springwater/brine for a low fat alternative. Salad dressing is optional and can be regular or low fat. The tuna could also be substituted with shredded chicken.
Ingredients (serves 1)
- 1 tin Tuna in olive oil or spring water/brine (for low fat alternative)
- 1/2 Cup Iceburg Lettuce shredded or Lettuce leaf mix
- 1 tomoato or half punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Mixed salad of choice ie onion, capsicum, grated carrot, diced cucumber, jalapenos
- 1 T Salad dressing of your choice
- 30 gm diced or grated tasty cheese (Optional)
- Drain tuna, slice, dice or grate salad items as desired
- Toss all ingredients in a bowl or lunch box. Add salad dressing
- Can be eaten as is or added to a pita bread/wrap.
I have been eating this salad regularly over the past 12 months as part of a healthy eating plan. So far I have lost 30kg and maintained the weight loss. It is a good light meal, but very filling and healthy.