This is a healthy snack for lunch, tea or even for a party.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 Packet of Brioche Buns
- 1 small Packet of Rocket
- 1 Butternut pumpkin
- 1 red onion thinkly sliced in circles
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 100g cream cheese room temperature
- 100g blue cheese
- 500g Ingham turkey mince
- 2 large Spring onions thinkly sliced white part
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs, more if required
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries chopped
- 1 egg, whisked
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- desired amount of salt and pepper for seasoning
- Combine patty ingredients in large bowl. Turkey, spring onions, rosemary, panko crumbs, cranberries, egg. If the mixture seems wet add more bread crumbs. Make patties the size and shape of buns. Place patties in the fridge until required.
- Oven 200 degrees C. Cut pumpkin 3cm X 4 slices. Add a little olive oil, salt and pepper and rub over each slice. Add to a lined tray and bake for 45 minutes or until tender.
- Thinly slice red onion in circles and add to balsamic and sugar mixed in bowl. Make sure onion sits well in liquid. remove onions from liquid when assembling your burger.
- In a small bowl add cream cheese and blue cheese and combine well with a hand mixer.
- Wash rocket and set aside.
- Cook patties in a frying pan with a little oil. Cook really well on both sides on a medium heat, until cooked through. Leave stove on low setting and dollop 1-2 tablespoons of cheese mix onto each patty. It will go gooey and runny. Use a lid to help with this process.
- Toast your buns to warm through under grill. Assemble your burgers. My creation and my picture shown.
The pickled onion and the blue cheese add a lovely surprise of flavours as you eat this juicy burger.