These turkey and potato pizza bites are so soft and delicious. Great for an afternoon snack or a main meal served with green vegetables. You don't really need sauce with these bites as the pizza sauce provides a juicy sauce as you eat them.
I made this recipe up myself trying to find new ways to surprise my son with food. It's now a family favourite.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 cup COLD mash potato (lefovers cold in fridge)
- 1 cup Inghams Turkey Mince
- 1 grated fresh carrot or (mashed leftovers cold in fridge)
- 4 spring onions white part only sliced
- 3/4 cup of grated cheese. I used tasty which was in the fridge
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 sachet Leggos Pizza Paste
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 bag panko bread crumbs (maybe extra)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 20g butter
- In a big bowl combine with fork or hands. Mash potato, turkey mince, carrot, spring onions, cheese and parsley. Then use half a sachet of leggos paste (1 tbsp) and whisk an egg and with 3/4 cup of bread crumbs. Mix all and roll balls about walnut size. Place each ball onto plate.
- In a small bowl add an egg and the rest of the pizza paste. Whisk together. On a plate add panko bread crumbs. Roll each ball into egg mix and then panko bread crumbs. Leave on plate and continue rolling each ball this way.
- Heat up 2 frying pans or do in batches in one frying pan. Add oil and butter together. Adding butter to oil stops the oil from burning. Cook for approximately 10 minutes check a big ball to make sure they are cooked through.