This recipe is proudly brought to you by Ingham’s Chicken; partnering with Mouths of Mums to bring you the most family friendly chicken and turkey recipes! Share the Love … cook your family an Ingham’s Chicken dinner tonight.
WIN a $1000 Kleenmaid voucher
See the end of the recipe for more details….
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 500g Ingham's Turkey Mince
- 3 rashers Fatty Bacon, finely diced
- 1 cup Onion, carrot, leek & celery (all finely chopped)
- 8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Red Wine
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 400g tin Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- Pinch Brown Sugar
- 400g Fettucine
- 1/4 cup Parmesan, shaved to serve
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves, to serve
- Sautee the bacon, vegetables and garlic in the olive oil in a large pot over a medium heat for 5 minutes or until just softened.
- Add Ingham’s turkey mince and turn up the heat to high. Continue cooking and whisk well to break up the meat. Once the meat is all cooked and the juices have nearly evaporated, add the wine and cook for 1 minute. Then add the milk, tomatoes and sugar. Simmer for 30 minutes, until tender and rich, then season with salt and pepper.
- Cook the fettucine in a large pot of rapidly boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well then toss through the sauce. Serve with a generous amount of grated parmesan and chopped basil.