- Makes 24
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 5 Ingredients
These Turkey Mince Onion Rings are perfect every day of the year … but we think they’re an absolute winner for Australia Day!
Ingredients (makes 24 Onion Rings)
- 500g Ingham's Turkey Mince
- 1 Egg
- 1 packet Powdered French Onion Soup
- 1/2 cup Pine Nuts (whole or chopped)
- 4 - 6 Onions (white, brown or red)
- Combine all ingredients except the onions and mix well.
- Peel the onions and remove each end, leaving the rest of the onion whole. Cut in half through the middle so that the 'rings' are still full rings. Using the tip of a sharp knife, cut from the centre of the onion to the side.
- Peel off layer by layer and set onto a baking tray. At this stage the rings will not be a complete circle - rather they will create a circle but it will be an open circle.
- Roll a large teaspoon of mince mixture and place in the centre of an onion 'ring'. Then overlap the ends of the onion ring and carefully secure with a toothpick.
- Place all on a tray, spray lightly with olive oil if desired and then oven bake (180 degrees celcius) or barbecue until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve as finger food with a dipping sauce if desired.
Enjoy! Perfect finger food for anytime - BBQs, picnics, canapes or even lunchboxes. Thanks Ingham's - your fabulous range of Chicken and Turkey products always inspire us!