This recipe makes a good quantity of sauce so don’t worry if you have more than you require for the nachos. Leftover turkey sauce is great on your favourite pasta or better yet as a topping on roast potatoes with coleslaw and using up any left over grated cheese and sour cream you may have from the nachos
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 Onion, roughly diced
- 1 Capsicum, roughly diced
- 1 Large carrot, roughly diced
- 1 Pkt Ingham's Turkey mince
- 2tblsp Tomato paste
- 1 810gm tin crushed tomatoes
- 1 Bag of salted corn chips
- 1 Large handful grated cheese
- 1 Avocado, diced
- 1 Tub sour cream
- Process onion, capsicum and carrot in processor until fine.
- Pan fry turkey mince until browned, breaking up any lumps. Stir through tomato paste to coat. Add processed veggies and cook for five minutes before adding crushed tomatoes. Simmer until thickened.
- Layer corn chips, grated cheese and turkey sauce on a baking tray, the bake in oven for 15minutes at 180c
- Serve with diced avocado and sour cream