- Makes 20
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 8 Ingredients
Twinkle twinkle little star how I wonder what you are.
Preparation 20 minutes (plus chilling time), cooking 12 minutes.
Ingredients (makes 20 )
- 125g butter, chopped at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- milk for glazing
- coloured sugar for decorating
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C. Lightly grease 2 large baking trays. In a small bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat in egg until combined. Add sifted flour and baking powder. Place onto a floured board. Knead lightly until combined. Wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough between 2 sheets of baking paper until 0.5cm thick. Using an 8 cm star cutter, cut shapes from dough. Place onto prepared tray.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle lightly with coloured sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Cool on trays.
You can use different size cookie cutters as well as different shapes of cookie cutters.