These tasty ultimate veggie burgers are a great way to disguise boring veggies in a way the whole family will love!
Great for toddlers to pregnant ‘Mum’s to be’ with a great variety of important nutrients. Throw one in a fresh crusty roll with some tomato, lettuce and cheese. Yum!
- 1 tbsp olive oil (+ extra for cooking)
- 300g sweet potato, diced
- 150g broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 75g grated carrot
- 100g cheddar cheese
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Steam potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender. Steam broccoli for 5 minutes or until tender then chop florets into small pieces.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil for 2 – 3 minutes or until softened but not brown, add the grated carrot and saute for a further minute. Mash the sweet potato with the cheese then mix in the broccoli, onion, garlic and carrot. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roll into small burgers. Lightly coat a frypan with oil and cook burgers on each side until golden brown.