I have been making this recipe for many, many years and it has never failed. It’s lovely and moist, really fast to throw together if visitors drop in unexpected, delicious hot (as a pudding) or cold with a cuppa. Possibly keeps well but never last long enough to find out, sorry lol.
Ingredients (makes 1 good size cake )
- 1.5 cups each Coconut, S.R. Flour, Yoghourt Vanilla or Plain (less sugar)
- 1.5 cups Fruit and/or Nuts, Chocolate Chips, (can use any combinations of fruit,( fresh apple, frozen berries, sultanas, cranberries, apricots) nuts, chocolate chips, as long as total amount is 1.5 cups.
- half cup sugar
- Grease and line a 9" round or 9"x9" square cake tin, Pre-Heat Oven 150 Fan Forced. Med/High
- Measure out all ingredients using and place in a large mixing bowl, mix till combined, (don't over mix if using frozen fruit or it will mush a little too much)
- Place mixture into prepared cake tin and place on centre rack in the Oven, Bake for approx. 1.5 hours, Test by placing skewer into centre, Top should be golden brown. Cool in tin 5-10 mins. Place on cake rack to cool completely. Can be eaten warm with Yoghourt, very Moorish.....