- Makes 12
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
A tasty romantic cupcake to make for your loved ones.
Ingredients (makes 12 Cupcakes)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 3 cups Plain flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons Salt
- 12 tablespoons Unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 4 Large eggs
- 2 teaspoons Pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Unsalted butter for icing
- 4 cups Icing sugar for icing
- 1/4 cup Milk for icing
- 1 teaspoons Vanilla extract for icing
- 1 drop Red food colouring for icing
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Line cupcake pan with paper liners; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In another mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated and scraping down sides of bowl, beat in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape the sides and bottom of bowl to assure the batter is thoroughly mixed. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling papers about 2/3 full. Bake on the center rack of the oven until tops spring back to touch, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Mix butter until smooth & creamy with an electric mixer. Add 2 cups of icing sugar, the milk, vanilla & food colouring & mix on low speed until combined. Add the remaining 2 cups & mix until light & fluffy.
- Ice cupcakes & decorate with chocolate hearts.
Make sure butter is at room temperature. I purchased the chocolate hearts from a cake shop.