- Serves 6
- 30 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 4 Ingredients
I use this as a base for many desserts. You can add berries, caramel, chocolate, ice cream. Very adaptable!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1/2 Cup Arborio Rice
- 2.5 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean
- 5 tbs Sugar
- Combine rice and milk into a large saucepan
- Split vanilla bean and scrape beans into the rice mixture, then throw the shell in on top.
- Cook on low/medium heat on stove top for, stirring continuously for approximately fifteen minutes. If you don't have time to stand, but mixture in an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and cook at 150 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
- Once milk has thickened, take of heat. Stir in sugar. This is pretty sweet, so add less if you don't like it so sweet.
- Remove vanilla bean and serve warm!