- Serves 4
- 40 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 6 Ingredients
Delicious and creamy Vanilla Rice Pudding topped with sweet berries. Can be served either hot or cold this is a very tasty dessert!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 3/4 cup Medium grain white rice
- 4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 500g Strawberries, halved
- 1/2 Punnet Raspberries
- 1 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- Rinse the rice under cold water. Drain well. Combine the rice and milk in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring often, for 25-30 mins or until the rice is tender. Stir in half the maple syrup, and the vanilla extract
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 180°C. Combine the strawberry and the remaining maple syrup in a small baking dish. Roast for 20 mins or until the strawberry begins to soften. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before carefully stirring through the raspberries
- Divide the rice pudding evenly among serving bowls. Spoon over the strawberry mixture and serve OR you can put into the fridge and serve when chilled, it makes a lovely cold dessert