- Makes 15
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 10 Ingredients
These vanilla Santa hearts are sure to be a hit with your kids.
Ingredients (makes 15 Biscuits)
- 125 grams Unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Caster sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 cups Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- White icing
- Red icing
- Smarties or M&M's (red & brown)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Cream the butter and sugar together. Add the egg and vanilla. Beat until well combined.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the bowl. Stir the mixture together with a wooden spoon to form a dough.
- Roll the dough out on a floured surface. Use a heart shape cutter to cut the dough. Place on a tray lined with baking paper. Continue this until all the dough is used. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Bake the biscuits for 8-10 minutes or until lightly golden. Leave to cool on tray for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Decorating: Once cooled, turn the heart upside down. Place the red icing in a triangle shape at the top to represent the hat. Use the white icing to cover the bottom of the heart cheeks. Pipe a white line of icing at the bottom of the red triangle/hat. Pipe another line at the top of the white icing heart cheeks to represent santa's moustache. Add a white icing dot at the top of the hat for the pom pom. Attach 2 brown M&Ms for the eyes, and a red M&M for the nose.