- Serves 8
- 2 hours
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
A good way to use a cheap cut of meat
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 8 Pieces Veal Osso Bucco
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 stick celery chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 sprigs thyme
- Plain flour for dusting
- Salt and pepper
- 1 extra clove finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- Put flour, salt and pepper into a plastic freezer bag, add a piece of osso bucco, shake to cover in flour, remove, add next piece and repeat until all done.
- Heat a large deep saucepan over high heat. Add half the oil and the veal and cook for 3 minutes each side until well browned
- Remove meat and add remaining oil, onion, celery, carrot and garlic and cook for 4 minutes or until browned.
- Return veal to pan and add wine, stock and thyme. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and cook, covered, for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Combine garlic, parsley and lemon rind. Sprinkle over osso bucco
Serve with parmesan risotto, or mashed potato and veggies.