- Serves 16
- 75 minutes
- Difficulty Easy
- 14 Ingredients
If you love coffee and you love chocolate this is the recipe for you. This Vegan Chocolate Coffee Cake from the GoodnessMe Box kitchen is DELISH. Topped with a cashew & coconut frosting it’s the perfect healthy sweet treat.
Get more recipes like this on the GoodnessMe Box blog, where you can discover the latest and greatest health foods and recipes the world is going nuts about! Discover their monthly health food box too, where you can get 7-10 surprise products and samples for just $25 + Free Shipping and now they have a monthly kids box too.
Ingredients (serves 16)
- 450g mashed banana
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp Organic Mountain coffee
- 3 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for at least 2 hours
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C fan-forced and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Blend bananas, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and espresso powder in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- In a bowl combine the almond meal, flaxseed, cacao powder and baking powder.
- Pour the banana mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spoon into a prepared baking tin and smooth out the top.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile combine all of the frosting ingredients into a blender until smooth.
- Once the cake is cool spread over frosting and top with raspberries and coconut.
Oh my goodness! How good does this look? Let us know your thoughts once you've whipped up this little beauty! If you're after similar recipes, you might like to have a look at a few of these:
You may also like…
You May Like
Looks like this may be blocked by you browser or content filtering.