A very yummy cake I think everyone will love, this vanilla butter cake is so easy to make.
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 cups caster sugar
- 300g butter, cubed, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 milk
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 3 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Position a rack on the second lowest shelf of the oven. Brush a round 25cm (base measurement) cake pan with the melted butter to lightly grease (see Notes tab for instructions for other tin sizes). Line base and sides with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the self-raising flour, plain flour, sugar, butter, milk, eggs and vanilla essence in a large mixing bowl. Use an electric beater to beat on low speed for 30 seconds or until just combined. Increase the speed to high and beat for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture is thick and all the butter is incorporated. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 2 1/2 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 10 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack for 2 hours or until completely cool I KNOW THE RECIPE SAYS 2 1/2 HOURS BUT I FOUND IT WAS BEST TO CHECK ON IT EARLIER BUT I DID MAKE 2 CAKES OUT OF THIS RECIPE AND NOW I CANT STOP EATING IT