- Serves 2
- Makes 4
- 15 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 14 Ingredients
I absolutely swear by this quick and easy meal. It not only saves me time but is also a great, fresh and healthy option that we all love.
Ingredients (serves 2 | makes 4 rolls)
- 4 Sheets Rice Paper
- 8 Prawns, cooked
- 1 Handful Asian Basil
- 1/2 Carrot, finely chopped lengthways
- 1/2 Cucumber, finely chopped lengthways
- 1/2 Capsicum, finely chopped lengthways
- 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Lime juice
- 2cm Knob Ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Birds eye chilli
- 100g Vermicelli Rice
- Place vermicelli rice in bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 6-7 minutes then remove and place on serving dish.
- Fill large bowl with warm water. Place rice paper in water for 20-30 seconds or until starts to soften. Be sure not to over soak as it will cause rice paper to tear.
- Shake off excess water and place rice paper flat onto a dry clean surface.
- Place small spoonful of vermicelli rice, asian basil, 2 prawns and an assortment of carrot, cucumber and capsicum pieces in centre of rice paper.
- Fold the two vertical ends towards ingredients and continue to roll rice paper upwards to enclose filling.
- SAUCE - Combine fish sauce, rice wine vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan with 100mL of water. Place saucepan over medium heat and continue to stir until all sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat and continue to cook until liquid is just off boiling point. Allow to slightly cool then add garlic, ginger, chilli and lime juice.
- Let sauce cool before serving. Sauce can be used up to one week after.
This fantastic meal choice can also be enjoyed with chicken, pork or beef to spice it up. Also a great option to use up all those leftover vegetables in the fridge!