- Serves 6
- 60 minutes
- Difficulty Medium
- 10 Ingredients
A traditional Vietnamese style curry that the whole family will love.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2-3 potatoes
- 1.5kg chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 stick lemongrass, crushed
- 1 onion, diced
- salt & sugar to taste
- 1 tblspn fish sauce, to taste
- 1 red chilli (optional)
- Clean the chicken, pat dry and cut up in pieces. Marinate the chicken with the onion, lemongrass, salt, sugar and fish sauce.
- Add oil to inner pot of slow cooker, press sauté/sear low temp button and set cooking time for 8 mins and press start (don't close lid).
- Add chicken to cook til colour has changed and add potatoes to pot.
- Seal lid, cook on meat/poultry in pressure cooking for 20mins, press start. Once done, add coconut milk and stir in. Serve with saigon bread rolls or rice or rice vermicelli for a fuller meal. If you wish for a chilli version, then add in a diced chilli at the end.